We’ve created a winter camping library for you so that you can find all of our tips and tricks on enjoying the cold and snow, in one spot. Have a specific question? Read on!
What do I wear?
For winter layering suggestions, try our 10 Tips for Winter Layering.
For winter travel, try our Snowshoes post. We’ll add to this portion of the library this winter with some suggestions on skis and sleds. Stay tuned!
Where do I sleep?
If you’re coming with us, we’ll have high quality expedition-style tents for you to use. We outline our sleep system in a couple of spots. Try the post on Plan[ning] Your First Winter Overnight and the post on Sleep Systems.
If you’re out on your own and get caught in a situation, check out this post on the various Emergency Shelters you can create to take cover from the elements.
What do I eat?
Mmmmm, we do love to cook and eat. Try this post on Winter Cooking.
You may also want to check out our archive of Recipes. We’re adding to this regularly so keep an eye out for new recipes.
What else might I need to know?
Keeping an eye on your health and on the health of those around you is so important when it’s cold out. We briefly outline common winter first aid hazards in this post and strongly recommend a wilderness first aid course if you’re going out on your own often (in any season!).
What other resources do you like to use?
Beyond the other resources that we mention in each of the individual posts above, we also like these:
- We created this packing checklist for Parks Blogger Ontario.
- Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC) has a great set of tips for beginners. You can find that here.
- REI (the American retailer off of which MEC is predicated) also has a great list and videos for beginners. That’s here.
- There are great groups on Facebook, like this one, that you can participate in.
- If you don’t see what you’re looking for, contact us! We’re always happy to chat.
Intrigued? Join us on a trip!